Is staying at home a priority for you or your loved one? At Grand Strand Comfort Care, our Personal Care Services can provide the assistance required to help you remain safe and independent at home.
Everyone is entitled to feel safe and have privacy within the comfort of their homes and that shouldn’t change just because you or a loved one needs help with some of your daily activities. If you require assistance with these tasks, services from a Myrtle Beach personal caregiver can improve your quality of life.
Understanding Personal Care Services
Personal Care Services are designed to assist clients struggling with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) and Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs) are daily self-tasks that aren’t necessary for fundamental functioning. Still, these tasks promote independent living in the community. IADLs are broken down into eight basic tasks:
- Housekeeping. Ability to finish daily tasks to keep the home clean.
- Shopping. Shopping for your basic needs.
- Telephone and technology. Operating telephone and other forms of basic technology.
- Laundry. Washing and drying clothes.
- Food preparation. Preparing and planning basic meals.
- Transportation. Independently use private or public transportation.
- Finances. Managing personal finances.
- Medications. Responsibly taking proper doses of medication.
On the other hand, Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) are necessary self-care tasks people do normally. There are six basic ADLs:
- Dressing. Being able to change clothes.
- Bathing. Washing your body for hygiene.
- Feeding. Making and preparing meals.
- Continence. Being able to control bladder function and bowel movement, as well as performing personal hygiene tasks associated with these activities.
- Transferring. Ability to physically move from one place to another while performing activities.
- Toileting. Getting to and from the toilet.
Why Choose Us
All of our personal caregivers offer custom services to clients in Myrtle Beach. We assign you to caregivers who will do everything possible to make sure you or an aging loved one is comfortable and confident at all times.
Our highly trained personal caregivers can provide comfort, compassion, and support while respectfully assisting with all activities of daily living (ADLs), instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs), hygiene, and personal care needs. We treat all of our clients with the utmost care and respect and we treat them as if they were our own family.
Schedule an appointment now for an in-home assessment of your needs. For other concerns, contact (843) 970-1963 for assistance.